New Tool to Help Students Connect with Faculty, Advisors, and Campus Services
Seattle Colleges is now using Starfish to help current and newly admitted students connect with their advisors, instructors, and other services such as tutoring and Financial Aid.
Students can use Starfish to:
- Schedule advising appointments and find information about drop-in advising hours
- Make appointments with tutors and find information about drop-in tutoring services
- Schedule other kinds of appointments with campus services
- Access information about student support services on campus
- View their current instructors and courses
- Find digital to-do items and checklists assigned by their advisors
- View all messages sent from advisors, instructors, and other services through Starfish
- Request follow-up support from campus services
Who can use Starfish?
Students who have
- taken a class at Seattle Colleges in the past 6 academic quarters
- submitted an application in the past 9 months
can log in and connect with services through Starfish.
New students must create their MySeattleColleges password using their student ID number (SID) and PIN. If you do not know your PIN or it does not work to create your password, you must contact the registration office at the campus you wish to attend. The Registration office distributes and activates student PINs.
Create your MySeattleColleges password.
If you are returning after more than 6 academic quarters and need to make an appointment with Advising or Financial Aid, you can contact them by phone and email to schedule an appointment or drop in during their designated drop in times (see the campus advising websites for details). The registration and advising offices can also re-activate former student MySeattleColleges accounts as needed.
How Students Access Starfish
Students can access Starfish by navigating to the Students or Current Students page of their campus website and clicking on the Starfish icon.
Students log in using their MySeattleColleges username and password. This is the same username and password used to access campus computers and Wi-Fi. If you’re having problems logging in, please reset your MySeattleColleges password.
Example: Otto Bonn
- Log in, Navigate, Update, and Schedule
- Make an Appointment with your Advisor
- Make a Tutoring Appointment
- Sign up for a Group Session
- Schedule through the Service
- New Student who has never taken a class at Seattle Colleges
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why can’t I log in?
Common login problems:
- including @seattlecolleges.edu in your username
- do not include this part of the email address
- expired MySeattleColleges passwords
- passwords must be updated every quarter
- update your password
- internet browsers auto-filling old passwords
- saved login credentials must be updated in the browser’s settings
- not an Active student. An Active student has:
- taken a class in the past 6 academic quarters
- applied to one of the Seattle Colleges in the past 9 months
Where do I get my student ID number (SID) and PIN?
You should receive your SID a day or two after you submit an application. You will receive your PIN from the campus registration office once you have completed required admissions steps.
Why can’t I create or reset my MySeattleColleges password?
Students must have their student ID number and active PIN to create or reset their MySeattleColleges password. If your PIN is not working, you must contact the registration office at the college where you applied. They are responsible for distributing and activating student PINs.
Where will I receive messages sent through Starfish?
Email: Students automatically receive emails and notifications sent through Starfish to both their Seattle Colleges and personal email addresses.
Text Messaging: Students will also receive messages about upcoming appointments and other critical items from student services via text message. Text messaging is one-way communication. Students cannot reply to the sender via text.
To opt out of receiving text messages through Starfish, reply STOP to the most recent text message or update your notification preferences in your Starfish Profile.
Opting Out of Text Messaging: Students automatically receive emails and notifications sent through Starfish to both their Seattle Colleges and personal email addresses.
From your phone:
From your Starfish profile:
Why don’t I have an advisor in my connections?
Don’t worry if you don’t see an Advisor in Your Connections. Advisors can work with all students. Simply find the advising office at your campus and schedule with the advisor who advises for your area of study or another advisor. They can help you connect with a primary advisor.