New Tool to Help Students Connect with Faculty, Advisors, and Campus Services
Seattle Colleges is now using Starfish to help students connect with their current advisors, instructors, and other services such as tutoring and Financial Aid.
Students can use Starfish to:
- Schedule advising appointments and find information about drop-in advising hours
- Make appointments with tutors and find information about drop-in tutoring services
- Schedule other kinds of appointments with campus services
- Access information about student support services on campus
- View their current instructors and courses
- Find digital to-do items and checklists assigned by their advisors
- View all messages sent from advisors, instructors, and other services through Starfish
- Request follow-up support from campus services
Who can use Starfish?
Any student who has been enrolled in a course at Seattle Colleges in the past 24 months or has been admitted in the past 12 months can log in and connect with services in Starfish.
How Students Access Starfish
Students can access Starfish by navigating to the Students or Current Students page of their campus website and clicking on the Starfish icon.
Students log in using their MySeattleColleges username and password. This is the same username and password used to access campus computers and Wi-Fi. If you’re having problems logging in, please reset your MySeattleColleges password here.
Example: Otto Bonn
How to Get Started
When students log in, they should update their Starfish profiles. Students automatically receive notifications sent through Starfish to their Seattle Colleges email. If they would like to also receive these messages to their personal email, they need to check the option box Also send notifications to my alternate email address and make sure to save all changes.