IT Info for Staff & Faculty
Note - This page has been updated. Please view updated information at the Employees page.
We have a number of online services to support your work, from off or on-campus. Please note the scheduled maintenance windows which may affect availability of some services.
Office365 provides email, a full suite of Microsoft software for your use (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Calendar, and more), and OneDrive cloud storage space to store your files. These are accessed by using your MySeattleColleges Login.
To access your regular SeattleColleges.edu email account and any other Office365 software from the web, you will need your MySeattleColleges Login and password.
- In any browser, go to the Seattle College Office365 site: office365.seattlecolleges.edu.
- Enter your MySeattleColleges Login and password, then click “Sign In.”
- Explore all that Office365 has to offer.
MyDesk provides full access to your own Seattle Colleges Windows 10 desktop and documents, including Secure92. To access MyDesk, you will need your MySeattleColleges Login and password. There are two versions: Light and Receiver (sometimes called Workspace).
MyDesk Light is easier to get into but does not allow easy access to your c: hard drive at home, nor does it allow you to print from MyDesk. Follow these three steps to get into the Light version of MyDesk:
- In any browser, go to the Seattle Colleges MyDesk site: mydesk.seattlecolleges.edu
- Enter your MySeattleColleges login and password, then click “Log On.”
- Click on the “Use Light version” link at bottom of this page.
- You will see a monitor icon, labeled “Central Access,” “North Access,” or “South Access.” Click on the campus affiliated with your work location.
- Your desktop will be loaded into the window of your browser tab. Ready to use.
MyDesk Receiver (sometimes called Workspace) requires a onetime install of a small software agent on your home machine, and allows you to easily access your local c: hard drive, and to print from MyDesk. For detailed instructions on using MyDesk and installing the MyDesk Receiver (Workspace): MyDesk Guide.
Zoom or Team Meetings or Chats
Please note - Microsoft has replaced Skype for Business with Teams and your Skype for Business app will be converted to Teams, effective 8/3/21.
Forward Calls From Your Office Phone
Our phone system provides several options to forward calls made to your work extensions directly to your home number or mobile phone. Please contact Greg McBrady directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find the best arrangement for your specific situation. Once it is set up with Greg, you will be able to turn it on and off yourself.
Remote Access Your Office Phone Instructions
Safety & Security for Home Computing