To begin using your MySeattleColleges Login Account
Your login is usually composed of your Firstname.Lastname@seattlecolleges.edu, but you will receive your specific login name when you reset your password before your first use:
- Go to MySeattleColleges Login Management
- Choose “Reset My Password” tab and enter your Student ID and PIN.
- Change your password to one only you know and save.
- You can now begin using the specific MySeattleColleges Login you received while setting your password.
You can return to the MySeattleColleges Login Management page to reset your password at any time in future.
MySeattleColleges Login accounts are AUTOMATICALLY created for incoming enrolled students and are what you will use to access most computing resources related to Seattle Colleges, both on and off campus. This account will allow you to access:
- Campus open labs and classroom computers on all Seattle Colleges campuses.
- At least 1 terabyte of file storage in Office 365 OneDrive, accessible from on and off campus.
- Full access to Wi-Fi on all Seattle Colleges campuses.
- Student printing from campus printers.
- Other services as required by your class or faculty.
All students are responsible for understanding and adhering to MySeattleColleges Login account guidelines. In fact, all students are required to read and accept these guidelines as a requirement for using a MySeattleColleges Login account. If you need help understanding these guidelines or have a question on how they apply, please ask for assistance via the Help Desk.
Students are responsible for the following:
- Log out when done: You are responsible for logging out of your MySeattleColleges Login account. In order for the systems to work properly and keep your files secure, you must log out when done. If leaving your computer for any period of time, or before logging into another computer, make sure to log out of your MySeattleColleges Account.
- Keep your password safe: If you think your password has been compromised, change it right away. If you are unable to change it using the web interface at http://tools.seattlecolleges.edu, please see a staff member on the Help Desk as soon as possible to reset the password.
- Leaving? When you are no longer enrolled, your MySeattleColleges Login Account will become unavailable one year after you are no longer registered as a student. Make prior alternate arrangements for permanent email and data storage. Transfer any data you wish to keep elsewhere before the end of the quarter. YourFirstname.firstname.lastname@example.org email address and OneDrive file storage space will go away.
- No copyrighted or otherwise illegal materials: You are responsible for the content of the files in your personal store and drives. (Be aware that installing file-sharing programs and then downloading MP3 or other copyrighted materials is illegal.)
- Understand the EIR Policy: Reading and adhering to the SCCD Electronic Information Resource (EIR) Policy
Applicable Washington State Laws
You should also be familiar with these state of Washington laws that would apply to your college-supported computer use when:
Revised Code of Washington (RCW) -- Laws enacted by the Washington State Legislature: