MySeattleColleges Login accounts are automatically created for incoming students and new employees. After you've initialized your account (obtaining your username & setting a password) you'll use your MySeattleColleges login credentials to access most Seattle Colleges computing resources, from both on and off campus.
To begin using your MySeattleColleges Login Account
Your login is usually composed of your Firstname.Lastname@seattlecolleges.edu, but you will receive your specific login username when you initialize your MySeattleColleges Login account and set your password before your first use. You'll need your ctcLink ID & password first.
The MySeattleColleges Login provides student access to: Starfish, MyNorth/MySouth/MyCentral, other college online services
and with enrollment*: 0365*, email*, computers*, campus wifi*.
MySeattleColleges provides employee access to:
IT admin network computer devices, 0365, email, wifi, Inside Seattle Colleges and system processes.
*! PLEASE NOTE - MySeattleColleges Login account is a separate account from your ctcLink account. First complete your ctcLInk account activation, then use your ctcLink credentials to log into 'MySeattleColleges Login Tools' for the account setup. (Note, ctcLink ID (EMPLID) and ctcLink Password will replace the old SID and PIN login for Tools, but currently either login is accepted.)
To view detailed instructions go to MySeattleColleges Login account set up.
Quick Steps for Account Set-up
- Go to MySeattleColleges Login Tools page.
- Choose “Reset My Password” tab and enter your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) and ctcLink Password OR currently you may choose to enter your SID and PIN (old ID).
- Set your password to one only you know and save.
- Make note of your Login information displayed in the Success window. You can now begin using the specific MySeattleColleges Login you receive while setting your password.
You can return to the MySeattleColleges Login Tools management page to reset your password at any time in the future using the steps above. Passwords expire every 120 days. Set or Change MySeattleColleges Password - Video Instructions
-Login to campus wifi and Starfish with short username - "first.last" without @seattlecolleges.edu.
-Login to 0365, Email, remote computer access, MyNorth/MySouth/MyCentral with long username - "firstname.lastname@example.org"
MySeattleColleges.edu account provides student access as follows,
Incoming & Enrolled students provided access to:
- MyNorth/MyCentral/MySouth student portals
Enrolled students provided quarterly access to:
- Email and Office 365
- Campus open labs and classroom computers on all Seattle Colleges campuses
- At least 1 terabyte of file storage in Office 365 OneDrive, accessible from on and off campus.
- Full access to Wi-Fi on all Seattle Colleges campuses.
- Student printing from campus printers.
- Other services as required by your class or faculty.
"Which account do I need?"
"ctcLink Account" and "MySeattleColleges Login" detailed Information Chart
All students are responsible for understanding and adhering to MySeattleColleges Login account guidelines. In fact, all students are required to read and accept these guidelines as a requirement for using a MySeattleColleges Login account. If you need help understanding these guidelines or have a question on how they apply, please ask for assistance via the Help Desk.
Students are responsible for the following:
- Log out when done: You are responsible for logging out of your MySeattleColleges Login account. In order for the systems to work properly and keep your files secure, you must log out when done. If leaving your computer for any period of time, or before logging into another computer, make sure to log out of your MySeattleColleges Account.
- Keep your password safe: If you think your password has been compromised, change it right away. If you are unable to change it using the web interface at http://tools.seattlecolleges.edu, please see a staff member on the Help Desk as soon as possible to reset the password.
- Leaving? When you are no longer enrolled, your MySeattleColleges Login Account will become unavailable one year after you are no longer registered as a student. Make prior alternate arrangements for permanent email and data storage. Transfer any data you wish to keep elsewhere before the end of the quarter. YourFirstname.email@example.com email address and OneDrive file storage space will go away.
- No copyrighted or otherwise illegal materials: You are responsible for the content of the files in your personal store and drives. (Be aware that installing file-sharing programs and then downloading MP3 or other copyrighted materials is illegal.)
- Understand the EIR Policy: Reading and adhering to the SCCD Electronic Information Resource (EIR) Policy
Applicable Washington State Laws
You should also be familiar with these state of Washington laws that would apply to your college-supported computer use when:
Revised Code of Washington (RCW) -- Laws enacted by the Washington State Legislature: