All students are responsible for understanding and adhering to MySeattleColleges Login account guidelines. In fact, all students are required to read and accept these guidelines as a requirement for using a MySeattleColleges Login account. If you need help understanding these guidelines or have a question on how they apply, please ask for assistance via the Help Desk.
Students are responsible for the following:
- Log out when done: You are responsible for logging out of your MySeattleColleges Account. In order for the systems to work properly and keep your files secure, you must log out when done. If leaving your computer for any period of time, or before logging into another computer, make sure to log out of your MySeattleColleges Account.
- Keep your password safe: If you think your password has been compromised, change it right away. If you are unable to change it using the web interface at http://tools.seattlecolleges.edu, please see a staff member on the Help Desk as soon as possible to reset the password.
- Leaving college? When you are no longer enrolled, your MySeattleColleges Login Account will become unavailable six quarters after you are no longer registered as a student. Make prior alternate arrangements for permanent email and data storage. Transfer any data you wish to keep elsewhere before the end of the quarter. YourFirstname.email@example.com email address and OneDrive file storage space will go away.
- No copyrighted or otherwise illegal materials: You are responsible for the content of the files in your personal store and drives. (Be aware that installing file-sharing programs and then downloading MP3 or other copyrighted materials is illegal.)
- Understand the EIR Policy: Reading and adhering to the SCCD Electronic Information Resource (EIR) Policy
Applicable Washington State Laws
You should also be familiar with these state of Washington laws that apply to your college-supported computer use:
Revised Code of Washington (RCW) -- Laws enacted by the Washington State Legislature: